Friday, January 23, 2009

Total Recall

They are doing the rounds
In number abound,
I am caught with my feet off the ground
Dumbstruck, Dumbfound(ed).

  They are thoughts 
And thoughts galore,
who leave me hapless
Like RD of Royal Bangalore.


Dont know why or what?
All I know is that I am in a RUT.
Like a whirlpool it sucks me in
Thoughtful helpless me, How can I win?


I live like a vegetable and get up late
Signifying there is nuthing on my plate,
There was a time when I was quick
A la Shaun Tait,
Today I aint even a trundler
Who plays in the Ranji Plate.

Still all was not lost
As people smiled on my nuggets,
But now even those 
Are crying buckets.


Suffocated,
Flabbergasted,
Frustrated,
Yupp once I too was jolly,
Today I feel like Neil Mckenzie
who cant even score of a half volley.


When relations hurt
Be it friends Love or Brothers
The heart crashes
like the Great fall of Lehmann Brothers.


I am heading nowhere and the heart cries
"MUMMY...."
I guess I am that merchant of emotions
whose luck has sold him 'A real dummy'.



Who is writing this?
This cant be me,
For I make people smile
And fill them with glee.


And i recall a 
Strapped Jumbo
Majestic Marshall
and Ballistic Biff,
They would not have succeeded
had they wondered IF.....


This piece has kinda helped me stitch
Has taken me back to my mark, out of this ditch
Right Arm Over here I come,
Cuz I like to see Blood on the pitch.













7 comments:

Nikkita mathur said...

claps....
awesome...
like out of this world
i loved it....simply perhaps cuz i can sense the motley of emotions portrayed..this feels like its another confession(rare day)...makes me feel even more close to u....its like for once i am rite...
when i say this cant be frm u...i stood there on my word....
n i was ryt..
unlike myself..
cheerz!
stay strong!
stay happy!

Nikkita mathur said...

n rahi baat wat the poem is for n about....
keep me out of the cricket field!
;)

The Maverick said...

dyooooooooooooooooooood....this is unlike you...which shop did you get your words from?
Btw read this a la raju chacha style...
"tunay mujhay ba-taaya nahin,
Tu dilli ja raha hai ba-taaya nahin.
Tu yeh sab chhu-paanay laga,
Partner tujhay kya, ho-nay- laga...
tu ru ru, tururu, tu ru ru..tada tain na na nanana"

Sakshi Arora said...

*pOlite aPPlause My friend... (Spoken in a British accent)

And with this, you make me proud of you yet again. Teach me poetry!!! Puhleaseeee..

:)
Very nicely written da.
S.

Unknown said...

finally commenting bhai.........

main to us din mazak kr rhi thi..u tuk it seriously ki fr khunnas me kia hi nayi......

the poem is awesome...cudnt believe u wrote it.....

waiting fr ur next post....jaldi likh jaane se pehle kuch...

Anonymous said...

nice poem fellow mican ;)
it was a great read..
d lines "The heart crashes
like the Great fall of Lehmann Brothers."
Nice analogy, I being an economics student, loved it.
Nice blog.
Regards,

Anonymous said...

hey..nisarg i loved the poem it's great...good job...vibha

 
Site Meter